Monday, May 8, 2017

Lynne's Green Barn Block

Approx. 32" tall x 36" wide

hanging on my design wall - double clicking will supersize the photo.

That large leafy print in the background
does such a good job of setting the barn
into its heavily wooded surroundings.




Before I sent it home,
I took a couple of detail photos
to show you how each small decision
impacts the overall free pieced result.

Look at the window above the blue barn door.

See how she used two fabrics to indicate broken window panes?

And look at the framing for the small window
in the barn's peak.




She used three fabrics to create the light pole,
each adding texture and dimension.

Subtle but oh so effective.



2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I like how the windows are made. I noticed them before I read your words. the casement suggestion gives the picture depth.

    Great job, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in the city when Julie was working on her book, and I used to tell her all the time I never saw any barns. Then I moved - only four miles away, but outside of town - and I see them everywhere. I drive by this barn every day on my way to work.

    Lynne
    (Millie is the cat)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts!